Friday, April 3, 2009

Tremendous Tree Climbing


I was terrified as I was about to climb a humongous skyscraper.

Maybe this would be the last day I stand!


It was the second day at activity Hanmer on the 3rd of March and Group A was tree climbing.


My friend Sam and I started on the skyscraper A.K.A the biggest tree. Sam was climbing first so I could release my nerves. 


When Sam came down we unclipped him and clipped me up.


I started to climb the ladder. I was feeling nervous as I was about to climb a huge height.


When I was off the ladder I gripped the first peg and started to climb. I gripped peg by peg, branch by branch.


When I was at the top I looked down and everyone looked as small as ants yelling at me to go on and then I smelt the afternoon tea  waiting for me. It smelt as good as chocolate pudding.


After that I climbed down and went over to the next exciting tree climbing challenge. Before I climbed I had to be a back up belay. A back up belay is a person who takes all the lose rope and puts it in a basket.


After that it was my turn to climb. Like the first time I made it to the top and back down again. 


Then I was on to my last tree same again up and down. Next my mum bought us some afternoon tea which we gobbled quickly.


Now we where doing the main event, it was called Lego Land. It was a game where you had to stack blocks. We did boys vs girls The girls won.


So I guess this won’t be the last day I stand or will it!


Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment