Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dizzies camp

Hanmer Hike
“Come on Claudia we just need to reach the sign”, I puffed ”but what does the sign say,”shouted Claudia."I can’t seem to see what the sign says....dang it””what is it” another 3 hours.” “Double dang it.” Claudia puffed.
Rm 7 and 10 went to Hanmer Springs forest camp last Monday.


“Hey Daisy we’re in luck””I hear it too”
“We must be at the waterfall””Hey Molly””Yes””are we there yet””no it’s just the rushing of the river”
“oh man”I moaned.

Finally at the river crossing and dodging all the sticks and stones.I could smell the fredom of nature and I could see the birds drinking the fresh water from the clean river.

But there was one slight problem the further we hiked the track the steeper the track got.There were evencouple of staircases because the track was so steep.When I got to the top of the staircase There was an open view of the waterfall FINALLY after 3 hours of sore legs,hunched aching backs and rumbling grumbling tummies we arrived at the most fantastic most lovely waterfall I had ever seen!

My friends dared me to run straight underneath he waterfall and I was so silly to say yes.So I slipped on my red Katmandu raincoat and ran like a dart underneath the skinny but strong waterfall and I stepped into the ice cold water,I stepped out of the other side of the waterfall soaking wet,my shoes and socks were as wet as pure raining water and my raincoat was dribbling with water.

After 20 minutes of fun at the waterfall we had to go back to camp and we had to take the exact track we took on the way there.[suprisingly the track was harder and longer on the way back].
After another 3hours we reached the carpark but I was so releived I had completed and survived[slightly] the waterfall hike!

By Daisy O’Connor.
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment