Friday, April 3, 2009

Waterfall Walk

Waterfall walk

Sweat was pouring 

down my back

and my legs 

were floppy and

sore. 

How much longer to go

but I’ll tell you 

more about that later

We had just arrived at Hanmer. We had put are stuff in our cabins.

We were out in the hot sun in our activity Groups A;B;C;D. A;B and D

were going on the hike. Group C was going mountain biking. Off we went. Now we were in the car going down a rocky road. After about 5;10 mins  we were there.

Getting out of the car we got in to our groups. We had a count and off

we went. My group is first, B. We walked in. There were millions of wasps. Harry was spraying his Aerogaurd madly trying to keep the wasps away. If you stopped and listened you could hear the buzzing really well. 

The walk was up hill. Basically all the way the path was muddy and dirty  and surrounded by trees. Sometimes the sun would slip through the gaps in the trees. At some points there were great views. As I walked my legs started to hurt.

Harry moaned madly behind me. We had a stop. Everyone sat down and had a bite and a drink. Harry moaned again but this time about the food He was starving but that was his problem. We just walked another 2 hours. We were finally there at the waterfall. My legs were killing me. The waterfall was massive. I made it up but now I had to come down.


        Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.


Sammy

Print this post

1 comment: